Call for participation:
International Internet Preservation Consortium Web Archive Conference: The Broad Value of Web Archives: Demonstrated Use
Experts from around the world will gather in Washington, DC April 30 - May 4, 2012 at the Library of Congress in Washington, DC. to hold an open conference to explore the broad value of web archives. The conference is sponsored by the International Internet Preservation Consortium.
The IIPC is seeking presentations from a wide variety of organizations from sectors that are saving and using archival content from the web. The goal is to expose the audience to how rich and valuable the web is as a resource and reveal some unexpected uses for web archives. Possible topics include:
* web archives used in legal discovery or for legal compliance
* web archives in personal collections, i.e. personal archiving
* web archives used in data mining
* web archives for legal deposit
* web archives used in corporate or organizational archives
* web archives used for game or community preservation
* citizen archivists and crowdsourcing for web archives
* projects that use old web content that was not harvested through Heritrix
If you are interested in participating in this conference please send a short paragraph or two describing the project you would like to present to Abigail Potter, IIPC Communications Officer, email@example.com by February 28, 2012. The agenda for the conference will be announced by March 15, 2012.