Did you attend one of the IPI Sustainable Preservation Practices Workshops and want follow-up information? Did you miss a workshop but still want to take advantage of the series? The schedule of project webinars is now available. This is a series of free on-line presentations, five regional and four topical, focused on the practical application of sustainable practices in collecting institutions. Designed for collections care and facilities staff, each webinar is 90 minutes long and requires only a computer and an internet connection. Our goal is to enable staff in cultural institutions to avoid risks to collections while they support sustainability efforts and pursue opportunities for energy cost reduction. Anyone can participate in any or all of the follow presentations:
* Managing the Storage Environment in the Northeastern Region: Register Now!
January 12, 2011 (2:00-3:30pm EST)
* Understand Your Climate Control System: Register Now!
February 16, 2011 (2:00-3:30pm EST)
* Managing the Storage Environment in the Midwestern Region: Register Now!
March 9, 2011 (2:00-3:30pm EST)
* Environmental Data Analysis – Tips and Tricks: Register Now!
March 23, 2011 (2:00-3:30pm EST)
* Managing the Environment to Improve Preservation Quality: Register Now!
April 13, 2011 (2:00-3:30pm EST)
* Managing the Storage Environment in the Southeastern Region: Register Now!
May 11, 2011 (2:00-3:30pm EST)
* Sustainable Preservation Practices: Register Now!
May 25, 2011 (2:00-3:30pm EST)
* Managing the Storage Environment in the Western Region: Register Now!
June 15, 2011 (2:00-3:30pm EST)
Each presentation is on a Wednesday, from 2:00 to 3:30 PM Eastern Standard Time. Visit www.ipisustainability.org to sign up or to learn more about the series. This series is organized and presented by the Image Permanence Institute, Rochester Institute of Technology, and funded by an Education & Training grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities.