Call for Papers: Special Issue of Collection Management on Shared Print Repositories
Collection Management seeks well-researched, refereed articles on the topic of shared or collaborative print repositories. The special issue will include 10-12 original papers and be published in v. 37 no. 3/4 (July 2012).
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
· Planning and development of shared print repositories
· Procedures and staffing of shared print repositories
· Selection of materials (including weeding) for archiving
· Coordination of archiving and preservation of print resources among libraries
· Business models that the support of coordination of shared repositories
· Establishment of funding for regional shared repositories
· Implications of the reliance on electronic resources and microfilm for humanities scholars
· Technological considerations and protocols to support a shared repository
· Implications of a shared regional repository on interlibrary loan, space availability, or staff relocation
· A history of shared print repositories and/or a comprehensive literature review
Manuscripts should be (20-40) typed pages, double-spaced (including references and abstract). The references and format should follow the Chicago style (as outlined in the latest edition of The Chicago Manual of Style). Electronic submission is preferred. The journal is published quarterly in both print and electronic formats. Additional information about submission requirements is at http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/journal.asp?issn=0146-2679&linktype=44
October 15, 2011: Submit an abstract (maximum of one page) with the title and your proposed article idea. Your full contact information may appear on a separate page, but please include your name, institution, and email address on the abstract page.
November 15, 2011: The editors will notify authors whether their proposals have been accepted.
February 15, 2012: Submit completed article.
March 15, 2012: Final versions of completed article are due.
Please submit abstracts and address correspondence to Karen Fischer with this subject line: CM special issue article proposal. We will be glad to answer any questions and look forward to your article proposals.
Collections Analysis Librarian
University of Iowa
100 Main Library
Iowa City, IA 52245-1420
Faye A. Chadwell
Donald and Delpha Campbell University Librarian & OSU Press Director
Oregon State University
121 The Valley Library
Corvallis, OR 97331-4501