Handheld Librarian II conference online – February 17 and 18, 2010!
THEME: Alliance Library System and LearningTimes invite librarians, library staff, vendors, graduate students, and developers to submit proposals for programs related to the topic of mobile library services for the online conference. Proposals are due November 1, 2009.
TOPICS: The Handheld Librarian II conference will feature interactive, live online sessions and links to recorded events following the conference. We are interested in a broad range of submissions that highlight current, evolving and future issues in mobile library services. These include but are not limited to the following themes:
· Ebooks and audiobooks
· Managing mobile content: eBooks, Journals, video and more
· Mobilizing the library: web presence, OPACs, databases and other electronic resources
· Promoting mobile services and using mobile devices to promote traditional library services
· Information security on mobile devices
· Access to and licensing of databases on mobile devices
· Mobile products and services in the medical library
· Text Message reference service
· Vendor development
· iPhone applications
PROPOSAL SUBMISSIONS: This conference accepts proposals for presentations delivered in several online formats:
· A featured 45 minute presentation
· Panel discussion with others (10 minutes of presentation)
· Virtual Roundtable discussions on selected topics
· Virtual poster presentation
Submit proposals by November 1 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be notified by December 15 if your proposal has been accepted.
PRESENTERS ARE EXPECTED TO:
· Conduct an online session using Adobe Connect
· Provide a photo, bio and program description for the conference website by December 31, 2009
· Respond to questions from attendees
· Attend an online 30-60 minute training on Adobe Connect prior to the conference
Thank you for considering a submission for conference participation. If you have questions, please contact:
· Lori Bell, Alliance Library System, email@example.com
· John Walber, LearningTimes, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Tom Peters, TAP Information Services, email@example.com