Ever been to an online conference? This is the time to give it a try! Amigos Library Services is presenting an all-day, online conference on how libraries can go green on Wednesday, October 7th:
All you need is a computer, Adobe Flash, and speakers. You can come and go throughout the day!
We’ll be discussing topics like:
· how your library can become greener without breaking the bank
· how to deal with pest control without using toxic chemicals
· how we can sustain services into the future
· how your library can help promote environmental changes in your community
· approaches for greening your IT
· ideas for creating green programming for your patrons
· creating sustainability partnerships through teamwork
· the library’s role in Baylor’s and UNT’s campus-based sustainability initiatives
· using the LEED rating system for public library renovations and construction
Keynote speaker, Florence Mason, will kick off the conference with her talk “Going Green” Successfully. She brings her many years of expertise with libraries, government organizations, and corporations on library building issues, library long range planning, library training, and other issues related to the management of library and information services.
Seating is limited, so register soon! CEU credit is available. The conference schedule and registration are available at http://greenlibs.amigos.org/.