CFP: Women, Information and Libraries Special Interest Group
Theme: Libraries Providing Integration, Innovation and Information for Women
The Women, Information and Libraries Special Interest Group invites colleagues to submit proposals for its two-hour open session at the IFLA Congress in Puerto Rico
Scope / Objectives of the Session
The session aims to provide case studies illustrating how libraries and information centres are responding tothe needs of women around the world,providing services for the benefit of women, and helping them to survive the current world economic crisis. Papers can cover a wide range of related areas including:
* Which role are libraries and information centres playing in supporting access to information for the empowerment of women within their local communities?
* Are libraries providing services and access to information and knowledge (to health information, lCT, literacy skills, confidence building training, etc) specially aimed at girls / women, and what is the impact of those services on them and the whole community?
* How are public libraries supporting women who are loosing their jobs as a result of the recession?
* Are there any specific programmes assisting women migrant workers to acquire new skills, access services, communicate with their families, etc?
* Are libraries and information centres working in partnership with other organisations to support women?
Proposals to be submitted by email to email@example.com including:
* Title of the paper
* Abstract of approximately 100 words, summarising the paper
* Speaker's name, professional affiliation, postal address, email address and brief biographical note.
Proposals will be reviewed by a selection panel chaired by the Women, Information and Libraries Special Interest Group Convener.
IFLA has first publication rights to papers selected.
Conference presentations can be made in English or Spanish. They will be no longer than 20 minutes, with extra time for questions at the end of the session.
Letters of invitation can be issued to presenters upon request.
1st March 2011: Submission of abstracts
15th March 2011: Notification of acceptance / rejection
1st May 2011: Submission of full text
All proposals must be in before 1 March 2011.
All expenses, including registration for the conference, travel, accommodation etc., are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA, but a special invitation can be issued to authors.
Congress Attendance Grants
The Puerto Rico National Committee and IFLA have worked hard to secure funds for Conference Participation Grants. Please check our Conference Participation Grants webpage for the most up-to-date information.