Do you like technology? Looking for some “real-world” library experience?
If so, then consider coming to work with us here at OHIONET! As one of the premier library service organizations in the state of Ohio, we have an exciting summer opportunity for an intern at our offices in Columbus.
This paid internship will give you direct, “hands-on” experience with many facets of library technology! Working alongside our experienced team of technologists and system administrators, you will have the opportunity to learn and be responsible for tasks such as:
* ILS troubleshooting and support
* Web development (php, html, perl)
* Digitization project management
* System administration and Linux server management
* Other projects as needed.
Some specific things we are looking for (or be nice to have) include:
* Library systems experience (ILS, clients-servers)
* Linux experience (Both console and GUI)
* Working towards your MLIS
* Good work ethic
* Willingness to learn
* Curiosity about technology
While we are currently are looking for a summer internship (to start on or around June 1), the possibilities do exist for a longer term internship and/or part-time, full-time work for the right person. Other benefits include the possibility of working remotely and a hardware “technology” allowance to help you help us!
Interested--Does this sound like you? Let’s talk! Check us out at http://www.ohionet.org and then send an email to: Tony Bandy, email@example.com.
Deadline to Apply: May 16