The 45th Annual Fay B. Kaigler Children's Book Festival
April 11-13, 2012, The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg
Deadline for Submission: October 28, 2011
Notification of Acceptance: November 25, 2011
The mission of the Fay B. Kaigler Children's Book Festival is to recognize excellence in the field of children's literature and to provide librarians, teachers, researchers and community members the opportunity to learn about and appreciate children's literature through presentations, workshops, and personal interactions with people of significance in the field.
In accordance with this mission, the Fay B. Kaigler Children's Book Festival at the University of Southern Mississippi School of Library and Information Science invites submissions for papers or presentations to be presented at the 45th annual festival to be held April 11-13, 2012 on the campus of the University of Southern Mississippi.
We invite abstracts (of approximately 500 words) for 45-60 minute sessions that are of professional interest to our attendees. Each year the School of Library and Information Science hosts the three-day Festival which includes the most notable names in children's literature. Average attendance is around 450 children's librarians, school media specialists, and faculty in library science and literature from around the Southeast.
- Submit a proposal including title, session proposer (with full contact information), name of presenter(s), abstract, and audiovisual requirements.
- Provide a brief (3-4 sentence) summary of your session
- Provide a brief (3-4 sentence) bio of session presenter(s)
- Presenters are responsible for handouts and other materials required for their session.
- Proposals must be sent electronically to Karen Rowell at Karen.email@example.com on or before October 28, 2011. Receipt of proposals will be confirmed via email within a few days of submission. Authors of accepted proposals will receive notification via email on or before November 25, 2011 and will receive complimentary registration to the festival (luncheons not included).