The following is a free webinar being offered by WebJunction. This session has limited space so please register quickly if interested.
As libraries look ahead to the October 1 open enrollment date for the health insurance marketplace, there is an abundance of information about the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and many opportunities for public libraries. One of the key roles that libraries can play is to maintain an awareness of available resources in your area, and develop an approach for connecting patrons to those resources in the way that makes the most sense for your community.
Please join this interactive session, where we will discuss strategies for libraries to identify ACA resources, hear from libraries that are working to prepare for patron requests, and obtain key policy and resource updates from ACA experts.
- Susan Hildreth, Institute of Museum and Library Services
- Susie Butler, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Evan Gallagher, ZeroDivide
- Carmen Patlan and Tatiana Alonso, Waukegan Public Library
- Lissa Staley, Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library
Date: Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Start time: 1:00pm Eastern / 10:00am Pacific
Tweet: #wjwebinar #libs4health
Registration: Please visit WebJunction to register for this event.