My webinar was changed to Feb 16 9AM Eastern / 12 noon Paciifc
The announcement is posted here
ADA Update: Revised Regulations for Disability Accommodations for the Public
Start Time: Pacific - Noon, Mountain - 1:00 PM, Central - 2:00 PM,
Eastern - 3:00 PM
• Has your library recently added ebooks, podcasts, or other
new electronic resources?
• Are you planning a renovation? Just finished one?
• Working to redesign your library website?
• Is that marmoset really a legally designated service animal?
Some of the newly revised American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
regulations take effect on March 14, 2011, and more are in the works.
Libraries face new challenges and requirements for meeting both the
spirit and letter of the law.
At the end of this webinar, attendees will understand the new ADA:
• accommodation requirements for libraries for users with disabilities
• federal regulations that redefine "service animals"
• standards for electronic resources, including websites
• accessible building design
• grievance procedures
An overview of the ADA Best Practices Tool Kit for State and Local
Government will also be presented.
This one-hour webinar will be of interest to library staff involved
with accessibility issues, involved in building renovation projects,
or working with special needs library users.