Iowa State University is accepting applications for the 2011 Gladys & Grover Hertzberg Conservation Internship. This consecutive ten (10) week internship is intended to give current graduate students and recent graduates of conservation programs the opportunity to apply their skills and knowledge of care and treatment of library and archives materials in an academic library.
Eligibility and requirements:
* Applicants must currently be graduate students, in good standing, in a conservation program or a recent graduate of such a program;
* Applicants must have completed at least four preservation or conservation courses before the anticipated start date of this internship;
* Applicants must commit to 10 consecutive weeks;
* Internship must be completed between March 1 and November 15, 2011;
* Applicants must have student or working visas if not U.S. citizens.
The 2011 Gladys & Grover Hertzberg Conservation Internship provides a $3,000 stipend. For more information and for application directions, see Parks Library Preservation.