Editors of the forthcoming ACRL publications book Embedded Librarians: Moving beyond one-shot instruction, to be published late 2010, seek proposals for chapters from skilled librarians who have researched and/or implemented an embedded librarian program. The book will provide an overview of embedded librarianship within higher education. Chapters are sought about strategies for and experiences of creating a long-term embedded presence in multiple non-library settings, both online and in-person.
Potential topics include:
* Defining "embedded librarianship"
* History and background of embedded librarianship
* Embedding in the first year experience
* Embedding within departments
* Collaborating across departments to encourage embedded projects
* Embedding in online course management systems
* Embedding in the enterprise
* Assessing the success of embedded projects
* Future opportunities in embedded librarianship
Prospective authors should email a brief CV, a writing sample, and a one-page proposal for their chapter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org . Proposals are due by January 30, 2010.
English Reference & Instruction Librarian
University of Wyoming Libraries
Coe Library, 304-F