The SLA-PAM Professional Development Committee is pleased to announce that IOP Publishing is once again sponsoring four conference travel stipends to help new librarians with the expenses of attending the SLA Annual Conference. The stipends aim to accelerate the advancement of new librarians entering science/technology librarianship by mentoring them to access educational and professional opportunities within the SLA. This is the third year running that IOP Publishing and the PAM Division have proudly offered these travel stipends.
The selected recipients will each receive a $1,000 stipend to assist in defraying the cost of attending the 2011 SLA conference in Philadelphia, PA in June, 2011. Learn more about the IOP Travel Stipend Award today and nominate yourself, or someone you know.
* Applicants should be recent graduates of a library science program.
* Applicants should have less than 3 years of professional library information experience.
* Applicants must work in a library focusing on one or more of the PAM disciplines (physics, astronomy, mathematics, or computer science) or act as a library’s subject specialist for one or more of these disciplines.
* Applicants should be first-time attendees of the SLA annual conference, or first-time attendees in a PAM discipline.
The committee reserves the right not to grant any of the four awards if not enough applications meet all eligibility requirements and adhere to all the application procedures.
Only applicants who meet all the eligibility requirements at the time of application are submitted to the SLA-PAM review committee for travel stipend consideration.
* Candidate must attend the SLA Annual Conference the year the award is given.
* Candidate must attend the PAM business meeting and breakfast.
* Candidate should be willing to attend PAM sessions and events at the Annual Conference and participate in a group photo session administered by SLA.
1. Prepare a brief letter (approximately 750 words), answering the questions:
§ How do you meet the criteria?
§ What do you hope to gain from attending the 2011 SLA conference?
§ How do you expect/hope to be involved with the PAM division?
2. Submit current curriculum vitae OR resume.
Applications can be submitted via email to Nedelina Tchangalova at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line should begin with PAM Travel Stipend). Applications will be accepted until February 1, 2011.
Applicants will receive notification of award status by March 1, 2011. The award check will be presented at the PAM business meeting and breakfast.