LIS Career Fair: A One Day Online Conference
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
TAP Information Services and the School of Library and Information Science at San Jose State University are pleased to announce another in the ongoing series of online conferences on hot topics that librarians can enjoy right at their desktops.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Sandra Hirsh, Professor and Director of the School of Library and Information Science at San Jose State University. She will draw from her experiences working in libraries and in industry to discuss the current and varied job opportunities for information professionals both inside libraries and in other job settings.
* Doug McDavid, on “Opportunities for Informational Professionals Beyond Libraries”
* Mary Ann Harlan, on “Working as a School Librarian in the 21st Century”
* Rose Chenoweth on “So you Want to Work in a Public Library?”
* Genna Buhr on “Work, Learn, Live (Not Always in that Order): My Experience as a Grad Student”
* Joe Murphy on “Entering and Navigating the Changing World of Librarianship”
* Barbara Galik on “Diverse Careers in Academic Librarianship”
* Cindy Hill on “Future Ready: Emerging Careers in Special Librarianship”
Full Schedule: http://www.trendytopics.info/T2careerfairschedule.pdf
Registration Fees: $40 for individuals; $100 for groups; $25 for students, unemployed, and retired; and $20 for SJSU SLIS alumni. Your registration fee provides access to all the live online presentations and discussions, and to the conference archive of recordings and slide sets. SJSU SLIS current faculty and students may attend for free. Contact Lori Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free coupon code.
Register at: http://TrendyTopics.eventbee.com/event?eid=759178305
Trendy Topics Conference Series Website: http://www.trendytopics.info/
Start Time: 11 a.m. Eastern, 10 Central, 9 Mountain, and 8 Pacific.
End Time: 6 p.m. Eastern, 5 Central, 4 Mountain, and 3 Pacific.
More Info: Lori Bell at email@example.com or
Tom Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org