Call for Chapters: Virtual Worlds in Online and Distance Education
Chapter proposals are invited for an edited book on Virtual Worlds in Online and Distance Education, to be published by Athabasca University Press as part of Terry Anderson's Issues in Distance Education series. The book's scope will encompass the use of virtual worlds for fully online/distance and blended modes of education in post-secondary settings across the globe. There will be two types of chapters, namely chapters addressing specific themes and issues (5,000-8,000 words) and chapters reporting on case studies (2,000-4,000 words).
The Call for Proposals is available online at the following web site:
The key dates are as follows:
- July 22, 2011 - one to two-page proposals due
- August 19, 2011 - authors notified as to the status of their proposals
- November 18, 2011 - full chapter manuscripts due
- January 27, 2012 - results of manuscript review process made available to authors
- February 24, 2012 - revised chapter manuscripts due
- late 2012 - publication of book in both print and online (open access) formats
Queries and expressions of interest can be directed to the editors, Sue Gregory, Mark J. W. Lee, Barney Dalgarno and Belinda Tynan at virtualworldsinODE@gmail.com. Please also feel free to share this information with others who you think might be interested.
Lecturer, School of Education, University of New England Chair, Australia & New Zealand Virtual Worlds Working Group
Mark J. W. Lee
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, School of Education, Charles Sturt University Adjunct Senior Lecturer, DEHub Research Institute, University of New England
Associate Professor, School of Education, Charles Sturt University
Professor and Academic Director, Faculty of the Professions, and Director, DEHub Research Institute, University of New England