Knowledge Management Division
Inter-American Development Bank
Support activities related to the development, maintenance, and improvement of the IDB’s Bank Repository of Institutional Knowledge (BRIK), a user-friendly web based platform for the consolidation and enhanced dissemination of knowledge products.
Activities and Responsibilities
· Identify knowledge products to be included in BRIK collections.
· Perform quality control of document metadata, adhering to defined standards and procedures.
· Compile and analyze data on the accessibility and visibility of knowledge products, using developed metrics framework.
· Support users with questions related to ingest and use of BRIK, including providing hands-on training where necessary.
· Draft content for communication and teaching purposes as required.
· Responsible for keeping Repository Project web Portal up to date and providing feedback.
· Other activities as assigned, in support of KNM staff person responsible for coordination of the IKR project.
· Research Fellow should have completed, or currently be pursuing, a master’s degree in one of these areas: Economics (Macro or Development a plus), Latin American Studies, Library Sciences, Information Sciences, Knowledge Management, or a related discipline.
· Proficient in both Spanish and English, written and spoken. Portuguese and/or French a plus.
· Highly proficient in conducting internet research and utilizing current web technology, etc.
· Experience with taxonomy/vocabulary development, and knowledge of metadata schemas desired, but not required.
· Research Fellow must be detail-oriented and able to act independently and creatively.
· Should be comfortable dialoguing with and synthesizing for (orally and written) different levels of authority.
· Should be comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
Contract and Work Location
One year beginning in July/August at Bank headquarters in Washington DC (1300 New York Ave).
Graduate students and recent graduates encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Kyle Strand at email@example.com.