CFP: Theme Issue on Library Services to Distance Learners - Urban Library Journal (ULJ)
The Urban Library Journal (ULJ), a publication of theLibrary Association of the City University of New York and a peer-reviewed,open access journal, welcomes article proposals for a special themed issue onlibrary services to distance learners.
The editors invite proposals for articles reflectingoriginal research, case studies, literature reviews and theoreticalconsiderations of relevant topics. Topics may include, but not be limited to:
• Urban distancelearners: serving users when distance learning involves very little physicaldistance
• Welcomingoutside distance learning students from other institutions
• Public librarysupport of college students in distance learning programs
• UrbanStudents/Rural Students, Urban Studies/Rural Studies - library support when thecollection is not built for the discipline
• Campus supportfor libraries serving distant learners
• Internationalstudents working from a distance and what they need from libraries
• Inter-libraryrelations for supporting distance learning students
All proposals should be submitted for consideration byNovember 14, 2011. Send proposals to theeditors listed below.
Final articles should be submitted for peer review byJanuary 16, 2012. Publication is plannedfor spring 2012.
For access to previous issues of ULJ please visit http://ojs.cunylibraries.org/index.php/ulj.
We look forward to your submissions.