Place: Ohio University Inn, Athens, Ohio
Dates: May 28-30, 2014
Library technical services staff will impact the 21st century. Staff are called upon to be resourceful, innovative, and transformative. Positive efforts at the local level make a definitive difference.
The OVGTSL 2014 Conference will showcase the local talent at academic, public, special libraries, and archives and provide a forum for thought-provoking discussion.
What impacts have you been making in library technical services? The Conference Program Committee invites presentation submissions in all areas related to library technical services including acquisitions, cataloging, electronic resources, digital initiatives, archives, and preservation.
Proposals on recent research, emerging trends, or those that showcase new tools, services and projects are encouraged. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Emerging roles for technical services departments and staff
· Staff management, training, and transformation
· Metadata creation, reuse and interoperability
· Digital libraries, projects and repositories
· Cataloging projects, practices and innovations
· Acquisitions projects, practices and innovations
· Archival and special collections metadata and preservation
· Collection management and collection sharing
· Discovery and access
· Linked data publishing and applications
Standard sessions will be 50 minutes in length, including time for questions. Proposals for presentations, workshops and panel sessions will be considered in addition to specific proposals to lead sessions in non-traditional formats such as lightning rounds and unconferences.
Please use the online form at http://ovgtsl2014.wordpress.
We hope to see you in May 2014 as a presenter at OVGTSL!
--The OVGTSL 2014 Conference Planning Committee
The Ohio Valley Group of Technical Services Librarians (OVGTSL) was founded in 1924 and draws its members primarily from the states of Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky. The annual conference rotates among these three states on a regular basis. Membership, conference attendance and presentation opportunities are open to anyone interested in library technical services.