Information for attending the CARL Webinar “So you’re thinking of upgrading your ILS”.
The webinars will take place on Wednesday, October 9 from 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Pacific Time and Wednesday, October 16, from 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Pacific Time. Both sessions will be recorded so if you are unable to make either or both, you will be able to watch them at a later date. Information on how to access the archived sessions will be sent out after the webinars have been recorded.
No prior registration is required for the webinar. Information on how to log into the sessions via CCC Confer is listed below. Please note that there are two different codes for dialing in, one code is for October 9th the other code is for October 16th. Please note that the system can only handle 300 telephone lines. If multiple people from your institution are planning on participating, please consider watching and dialing in together if you have a speaker phone. You can also use VOIP; this option does not have a limit on how many people can participate.
Once again the three Panelists for Wednesday October 9 are
• Pearl Ly, Interim Assistant Dean, Library Services, Pasadena City College. PCC switched from ExLibris’s Voyager to OCLC Worldshare
• Dana M. Miller, Head of Metadata and Cataloging, Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, University of Nevada Reno, UNR upgraded from Innovative’s Millennium to Sierra
• Jennifer D. Ware, Acquisitions Librarian, California State University, Sacramento, CSUS switched from Innovative’s Millennium to ExLibris’s Alma
The four Panelists for Wednesday October 16 are
• Rogan Hamby, Managers Headquarters Library and Reference Services, York County Library Systems, South Carolina; Operations Manager, SCLENDS, a 19 library consortium, migration project manager. Most libraries switched from Horizon, TLC and Unicorn to Evergreen
• Janel Kinlaw, Broadcast Librarian, National Public Radio, NPR’s Library upgraded from Techlib to Collective Access
• George Williams, Access Services Manager, Latah County Library District, Idaho, their 52 library consortium switched from ExLibris’s Voyager to Koha.
• Merrillene Wood, Interim Library Director, Western Nebraska Community College, WNCC switched from Follett Destiny as an individual entity to a statewide KOHA consortium (Pioneer)
Login information for the October 9th and 16th Sessions
PRIOR TO YOUR FIRST CCC CONFER MEETING
Test Your Computer Readiness
> Cell phone users dial: 913-312-3202
> Enter passcode: 169219 for Wednesday, October 9. Enter passcode: 969692 for Wednesday, October 16.
> Go to www.cccconfer.org
> Click the Participant Log In button under the Webinars logo
> Locate your meeting and click Go (CARL Webinar-So you’re thinking of upgrading your ILS)
> Fill out the form and click connect
PARTICIPANT CONFERENCE FEATURES
*0 - Contact the operator for audio assistance
*6 - Mute/unmute your individual line