CALL FOR PAPERS
The Journal of Library Metadata, a peer-reviewed journal, marks the growing importance of metadata in libraries and other institutions. As libraries collect, produce, distribute and publish more information than ever before, the metadata that describes these resources becomes more critical for digital resource management and discovery. The Journal of Library Metadata is the exclusive forum for the latest research, innovations, news, and expert views about all aspects of metadata applications and about the role of metadata in information retrieval. The journal is published quarterly by Routledge/Taylor & Francis.
The journal covers all aspects of metadata applications including (but not limited to):
* Application Profiles
* Best practices
* Controlled vocabularies
* Crosswalking of metadata and interoperability
* Digital libraries and metadata
* Federated repositories
* Federated searching
* Individual metadata schemes
* Institutional repository metadata
* Metadata content standards
* Metadata harvesting
* Preservation metadata
* Resource Description Framework
* Resource discovery and metadata
* Search engines and metadata
* Tagging and tag clouds
* Topic maps
* Visual image and moving image metadata
The journal publishes three categories of articles: standard, peer-reviewed articles; shorter, non-peer reviewed articles and short viewpoint articles.
* Peer-reviewed articles (original research): 10-50 double-spaced pages.
* Short, non-peer-reviewed articles, often practical in nature: 500-2,000 words with limited citations.
* Upbeat viewpoint articles giving the author’s opinion on a timely topic related to metadata applications: 500-2,000 words with or without citations. Focus should be on improvements or solutions instead of negative aspects of an existing system, standard or service.
For more information please visit the submission instructions: http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~db=all~content=t792306902~tab=submit~mode=paper_submission_instructions
Please direct all inquiries and articles to the journal editor:
Dr. Jung-ran Park
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Library Metadata
The iSchool at Drexel
College of Information Science and Technology