College & Research Division of the Pennsylvania Library Association: 2012 PaLA Conference, PA Libraries: Leading the Charge
The College & Research Division of the Pennsylvania Library Association invites proposals for presentations or panel sessions for the 2012 PaLA Conference, PA Libraries: Leading the Charge. The conference will take place September 30 through October 3, 2012 at the Wyndham Gettysburg, located at the intersection of Routes 15 & 30 In Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
If you have a topic of interest to academic librarians, we invite you to submit a proposal for a session. Examples of possible topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Academic libraries role in the PA Forward initiative
· Agile budgeting for tight times
· Aspects of managing print and electronic publications
· Assessment of services or programs
· Changing role of technical services
· Community college initiatives
· Digital library projects
· Digital rights management
· Diversity, including GLBTQ topics
· Discovery services
· eBooks and their use on an academic campus
· Fund raising/development in an academic setting
· Grant writing
· Information commons
· Information literacy/digital literacy/transliteracy
· iPad /mobile device reference
· Leadership development
· Legal issues for Academics (Copyright, Patriot Act, etc.)
· Library management and HR
· Library role in instructional technology
· Library security
· Marketing and advocacy in academic libraries
· Mobile technologies
· Partnerships and collaboration
· Planning library spaces (user, staff & collection spaces)
· Recruiting and educating the next generation of librarians
· Research skills - collaborative projects
· Serving remote users
· Social media
· Technology in instruction
· User satisfaction
· Video streaming
· Volunteer management
All proposals should be submitted online via the program proposal link. For a working copy of the form, or to view the questions in advance of submission, a PDF is available for download. The link to both the online form and PDF will also be available on the PaLA web site.
Submission Deadline: The deadline for proposals is Sunday, April 1, 2012.
Proposal Acceptance Notification: The PaLA Program Committee will notify all submitters regarding the acceptance of their proposal(s) in May 2012.
For more information, please contact Linda Neyer at email@example.com.