Administrators and the Council of State Archivists will hold their joint
2011 Annual Meeting in Nashville, TN, July 13-16. In an era of budget
cuts and doing more with less, we are sure this is a meeting you won't
want to miss!
Included in "Sweet Harmony and Solid Gold" will be more than three days
of workshops, receptions, meals and time to interact with your fellow
government archivists and records managers. This will take place at the
Sheraton Nashville Downtown, just blocks from the State Capitol and
attractions like the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Ryman
Auditorium. We will also be holding a reception at the Belle Meade
Plantation, a classic Tennessee 19th century Antebellum home just
You can register for the Annual Meeting through the NAGARA website
pre-conference program and the Sheraton registration form. If you would
like a copy of the pre-conference program, please contact the NAGARA
Central Office by return email or telephone (518-694-8472).
Sessions for 2011 will include:
* Basic Electronic Records Management and Preservation
* Advanced Electronic Records
Special Full Day, Saturday Session (registration as a one-day workshop
is available for this session):
* An Introduction to Digital Curation for Public Records
Annual Meeting Programs:
* Celebrating Archives Month: Advocacy, Collaboration and Outreach
* It's 10 p.m., Do You Know Where Your Governor's Records Are?
* Cloud Computing and More: A NARA Revue
* SHRAM Activity Smorgasbord
* DCAPE Project Update
* Good Vibrations: Social Networking Technologies in Government
* Keep the Customer Satisfied: Customer First
* Traversing the E-Tightrope: Managing Electronic Records
* What Are My Records Doing on e-Bay? An Archival Recovery Team
* A Better Mousetrap: Marketing Records Management in a
* Measure for Measure: "Measuring" Electronic Records
* You've Got a Friend: Friends of the Archives Groups
* With a Little Help from My Friends: State Assistance of Local
Government Records Programs
* Will You Still Need Me... Will You Still Feed Me... in 2064?
* The Way We Were: The 1940 Census
* Ask Not What PAHR Can Do for You...
* The Sound of Silence: Why Are Permanent E-Records Not
Accessioned by State and Local Archives?
* Archiving Files with Complex Formats - Geospatial Examples
* AASLH Update
* Where Do We Go From Here? An Open Discussion on NAGARA's Future
* NHPRC Update
If you have questions about the 2011 Annual Meeting, please do not
hesitate to contact the NAGARA Central Office by email
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (518-694-8472).
See y'all in Nashville!
Paul R. Bergeron, CA, CMC
229 Main Street
Nashua, NH 03060