for Summer 2011. Candidates must be able to start in June 2011, but have
the opportunity to begin at the end of May. Interns will assist the
archivist in day-to-day activities in addition to other projects. Interns
will gain experience in cataloging, organizing archival material and
processing materials for the digital collection.
- Must be enrolled in a Master’s Degree program in either Library &
Information Science or Moving Image Archiving.
- Must receive academic credit for internship.
- Knowledge of contemporary archival practices, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated analytical and research skills.
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative, discretion, and
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others.
- Experience utilizing digital reproduction technologies such as scanners
and digital cameras for preservation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, File Maker Pro, and Adobe
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Archive Internship in the subject line. Please have application in no later
than May 16, 2011.